How-To Guide: Test Ethereum Withdrawals on Zhejiang with Validation Cloud’s Staking Platform
With the launch of Ethereum Zhejiang to test the mainnet Shanghai Upgrade, you can now test ETH withdrawals using our Ethereum staking platform. Everyone with staked zETH is given access to test withdrawals. Below is a quick guide on how to get started.
How to get zETH
To get some zETH, head over to the Zhejiang faucet, enter your ETH address, and request funds. Remember, you need at least 32 ETH for each validator.
How to Stake
- Log in or sign up for a free account: https://app.validationcloud.io
- Once you’ve logged in, select
Stakingfrom the left navbar and then click
Createto set up your first validator.
- Enter a withdrawal address and select the number of validators you’d like (1–100) to fund. Each validator requires 32 ETH.
- Next, connect your Metamask wallet. You may need to add a custom network to your Metamask to display the mined zETH balance.
- After verifying the summary information click
Confirm, Metamask will then give you a prompt with a transaction to sign and confirm the creation of the validator.
- You will be automatically redirected to your
My validatorsDashboard, where you’ll see a table of your validators with staked zETH.
My validators, you’ll be able to access a link to explorer, the status of the validator (
Exited), zETH balance, withdrawal address, public key, the date you created the validator, the epoch when the validator was activated, and actions for your validator.
How to Withdraw Staked zETH
- Once a validator has entered the
Activestate, which means it’s earning rewards, it becomes eligible for a full withdrawal after 256 epochs (27.3 hours) have passed since activation. You can check this in the
- Click the
Exitbutton under the
Actionscolumn to stop a validator from staking. Withdraw 32 zETH to the specified withdrawal address.
- Check the information in the modal and click
Confirmto unstake and exit the validator.
About Validation Cloud
Validation Cloud is a Web3 data streaming and infrastructure company that connects organizations into Web3 through a fast, scalable, and intelligent platform. Headquartered in Zug, Switzerland, Validation Cloud offers highly performant and customizable products in staking, node, and data-as-a-service. Learn more at Validationcloud.io | LinkedIn | Twitter | Medium